inspired to be healthy
We are rooting each day for our Myella farm land to be healthier. We are producing quality beef whilst making positive climate changes and we want to share how we manage Myella our 1140 hectare grazing farm in Central Queensland Australia.
A little history
- Myella was a virgin piece of land in 1935.
- Cattle have always been the source of income - predominately for beef but at times for cream from cows milk, also a little wheat was grown.
- Our family purchased the property in 1985 and we are the 4th official land owners, there were 5 paddocks, 3 water troughs and 2 houses.
- In those 40+year of ownership we built a lane through the property, we fenced off soil types dividing the land into 18 paddocks each with a water trough, added more water storage and slowed erosion and added accommodation for guests. We didn't "push" the land too hard and often let nature take it's course. To discover the reason why follow our blog.
- The main technology we used was weather forecasting - decisions on cattle movements were based on visual evaluation of grass and cattle.
- Since 2020 we have made a lot of small changes to our farm management..
- These management changes are making a HUGE and POSITIVE impact to our environment and we are so excited to share. In this fast paced world we are not in a rush, we are taking one step at a time - hence the name of this site regenerative grazing ONE ROOT AT A TIME.
Myella farm is a gem with 29 years experience offering on farm tours. Due to Olive's dementia diagnoses we are only sharing our farm on line. We are proud of our achievements and proud that we are able to help Olive enjoy chapter of her life.
Life is like a book. Some chapters are sad, some are happy and some are exciting. If you never turn the page, you will never know what the next chapter has in store for you.